Neilsen De Souza
Chairperson, Global Hand Charity Inc.
We Improve the Lives of People in Poverty
Our charity is dedicated to funding and delivering charitable services. We strive to inspire and improve the lives of people in subsistence living by teaching them the necessary skills to get out of the poverty cycle, sustainably.
Your Charity Dollar Stretches Further
When you donate to our charity, you get more bang for your buck! Things cost a lot less in developing countries, so every dollar you donate goes a long way to helping people in need. You will be surprised how much impact you can make.
Your Support Makes The Difference
Over the years we have expanded our programs to help many people live better lives. There is still much to be done to improve conditions but with time, support and resources they can improve their lives and have more opportunities.
Who We Are
At its inception in 2008, the Global Hand Charity (GHC) mission was to help improve the educational opportunities for children living in remote villages of Asia. However, it became apparent that these children were not only lacking an education but were in desperate need of primary necessities such as clean drinking water and quality sanitation.
For the educational program to be successful, the Global Hand committee had to adjust their mission. The charity began fundraising to build wells, toilets and showers near to where the children will be attending school to ensure a healthy and safe learning environment.
After many years spent in the remote villages of Laos and Vietnam, Global Hand Charity identified a vital need that was missing from these communities. Remote villages have very little or no access to doctors or hospitals which often means treatable infections can lead to fatalities. As a result, GHC begun funding community nurses and running free medical clinics.
In 2017, Global Hand Charity commenced the first ever Eye Care Project in Sri Lanka. Due to the resounding success in Sri Lanka, GHC expanded to Cambodia and is already making a dramatic impact on the lives of underprivileged people living in these remote villages.
We are very proud that all monies raised go directly to our projects. All volunteers donate their time at no cost to the organisation (Global Hand Charity). We have achieved an enormous amount of mutual benefit and recipient engagement for thousands of less privileged people. Some of our highlights over the years include:
- 10,000 school books provided across 12 primary schools in remote villages
- Building of dormitories for school girls to enable them to finish school without fear of rape or child deportation
- Building of water treatment and sanitation projects to provide clean water and a healthy environment
- Conducting Eye Camps, providing over 20,000 pairs of glasses to young and old
- Sponsoring orphans to enable attendance at primary and secondary school
- Providing food, water and shelter in remote villages during typhoon damage and assisting in the rebuilding of housing to families affected.
Our Mission and Vision
- Invest in our children’s futures.
- Collaborate with locals.
- Support them with tools and expertise.
- Empower long lasting change.
- Transform Poverty.
Values: We show trust, compassion, service, generosity and community in everything we do.